Our laboratory studies signaling events in excitable cells. Specifically, we are focused on:
- Uncovering the signaling pathways evoked in the egg within minutes of sperm entry.
- Understand the molecular mechanisms of polyspermy block; preventing fertilization by more than one sperm.
- Elucidate the role of lipid PIP2 in early embryonic development.
Regulation of the Ca2+ activated Cl- channel TMEM16a:
- Uncover the role of PIP2 in regulating TMEM16a gating
- Determine signaling pathways that open TMEM16a channels